Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January 2023 WIPocalypse Post

 Well, I'm running a few days behind on my check-in, but I have an excuse: I was visiting my mom in Albuquerque. I had a great time and ate some(but not enough) New Mexican food.

(Photo with my mom and younger sister)

Question for the month: What do you bring on retreats? I haven't attended a retreat in years. Hopefully I will this year, but I tend to bring too much. If I go this year, I will bring a light, a Mill Hill bead kit, a cross stitch project and a needlepoint, extra needles, cheap scissors, and Jelly Bellies. 

I managed to stitch on a few pieces this month:

Gnome Santa is stitched!

I need to cut him out and attach the leaf and fully finish him, but he is done! Yipee!

Purrfect Santa:

I took this with me to Albuquerque and managed to get a little done on him.

Blue Larkspur:

I always think this would be a great travel piece, but it isn't. I really have to concentrate to stitch it. But I love it and am making progress.

Pour ta Fete:

I thought I would get a page finish on this one, but no such luck. Hopefully I can get to the right edge of the piece before the end of February.

Reptiles-HAED:



I managed 1000 stitches on my HAED! Hopefully I can get some extra work done on it again in February. I need to work on the bit that is confetti heavy.

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Glad you had a fun visit :>
Your HAED is stunning and that is a bunch of stitches!!
Here's to February, Happy Stitching! Bridgette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on finishing your gnome and a great start on Santa!
Fabulous project on your reptiles too.
Glad you enjoyed your visit home.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a great month - you did a ton of stitching, and looks like you had a very fun visit as well!