Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A few finished projects

Although I am not allowed to sit for long, I finished a few things. First is a picture of my crazy quilt square that I am doing for the 2008 Beaded Journal Project. I will look up the blog for my next post.

I managed to finish the last of the 3 Barbara's Patchwork Garden that I started. I just realized this is the red one! I finished it a while ago. I will try to clear my brain and post my black one tomorrow! The design is on the ANG website, if you are interested.

Another thing is my biscornu. It is a Cindy Valentine design that was made for the Mississippi River Valley Chapter of EGA. Her email is if you are curious about her designs.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008


In this image, I have added the #8 Krenik in purple and then the purple Impressions. I still have not decided about that green floss. Is it overwhelming? Is the piece going to look like it has stripes?
I did add the blue metallic to the middle of the diamonds. I considered using the green, but decided it needed that blue to keep some unity. Next is another band of #8 Krenik purple and then pearle cotton with an overdye layer on top. When I get part I finished, I will post a picture. But since I will be having some surgery, it may be September before I can work on this again.

Friday, August 15, 2008

A little more done on Mystery

I managed to get a little more done on MIAC. I added the purple Impressions overlay, which I like, but I'm just not sure about the green metallic center and the green floss basketweave. I think I will continue stitching and decide a little later if I need to rip out the green.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Christmas Stocking

My finisher called and I was able to pick up my daughter's Christmas Stocking. It was a Dimensions kit and although I loved the colors, I didn't like the floss in the kit or the canvas it was stitched on! Now I know why people pay more for handpainted canvas.
The finisher did I a nice job and my dd wanted to know if we could hang the stocking now. Nope. She will have to wait a few months for that.
Now off to my frame to see if I can get some stitching done on my Mystery. After all, Gay Ann told us to stitch for 1/2 hour on these Dog Days of Summer. I will take any excuse I can get!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home from Vacation

I haven't been able to write for a bit because I went to visit my mom. The only real stitching I did was pull apart a bead project that I did not like. Hopefully I will be able to post more on that later. When I returned home, I was faced with a mountain of laundry so couldn't stitch for a while. But I finally sat down and managed to do a little more on my Mystery.

I decided the piece looked too boring, so I ripped the watercolors out and used a more variegated piece. I also added the green metallic to the center and green floss (DMC 911) to the one corner doing basketweave. I still need to add the Impressions over the top of the center square once I finish the rest of the center. I am way behind everyone in Gay Ann's classroom, but I am learning so much as I stitch.

It is interesting how choosing a certain piece of the variegated watercolours changes the whole piece. By adding the green floss, I have pulled in a little more of the green in the watercolours. It is fun to watch the piece develop.