Saturday, June 26, 2010
I decided that the white around the door was too stark so I changed it to a pink (DMC 761) I like it much better than the white, but I keep wondering what I should do about the window boxes...I will probably use a real light grey,but we shall see. I did not get caught up with my ANG SOTM project, but I have made some progress. The hearts are giving me fits, but I love how they look. The crescent stitches go much faster.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I have been working a little each day on my Townhouse. I seem to spend quite a bit of time ripping too. This is a more difficult piece than I realized. If I could give anyone advice about the piece, I think I would suggest using congress cloth. I think the results would look neater. I have also been working on the ANG SOTM. I really need to catch up before I meet with my friend at the end of June. I am not sure I like my color choices or it on black canvas. I will keep plugging along though and try to start a second one soon. I need examples for my guild.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
I finally finished all the small inside pieces for my Townhouse. I kept having to remove my flowers and restitch them. I decided to do a small sample of all the colors I thought would work, and then place them in. Hey! It only took me four tries!
After finishing the little pieces, I started working on the front of the Townhouse again. I was merrily working on the fence when I looked at the pattern. My fence is different! It may be just fine, but it may be too dark for the roof. So I will quit working on the fence and move to the roof. Rats! I hate it when I make those little errors.