Thursday, December 9, 2021

I Started A New Project

 And I may start another one tomorrow! Horrors! It is the end of the year and I have tons of WIPS, but I decided that life is too short to worry about such things.

So Angel of Love by Lavender and Lace has been in my stash for years. And when I say years, I mean YEARS! Before my oldest was born. Maybe even before I got married. That is a long time for me to keep something and not stitch it.

It does have a bit of history. My original plan was to stitch it for my mother. She loves bling and I knew she would love it. But I never put needle and thread to fabric. 

Fast forward to Thanksgiving this year: my kids were helping me put up decorations and I realized the spot behind the tree really needed something. I have a small needlepoint piece there, but it is too small to make much of an impact. Now the smart thing to do would be to pull out an old WIP. Right?

One of these would have worked:

Star of Wonder:
Or Florentine Ornaments:

But neither spoke to me, so I pulled my threads, beads and fabric for  Angel of Love. 

I started her a few days ago and she is quite lovely. She will be perfect behind my tree!

What will I start tomorrow? I'll try to remember to share it with you.



3 comments:

diamondc said...

Beth: I like your choice of designs, that Angel is amazing, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

And why not have a new start when it's been in your stash for so long! The Angel is a stunning piece, heavily beaded which I'm sure will look amazing!

The Star of Wonder is lovely too, such rich colours. I have a lovely stained glass style Three Kings cross stitch on my wall a tree the moment.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great start! You deserve to just have fun with your stitching in these busy times.