Saturday, December 18, 2021

2021 Online Advent Calendar

 Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching has the most fabulous hops over the entire year. She is super creative and I think has done so much to keep blogging alive!

She always gives us a topic to include in our posts. This year is Christmas Tree.

If you go and read the other bloggers posts (and you should), there are tons of good stories about Christmas trees.

My story has to do with this Hardanger Angel. 



 

Many years ago, I belonged to the Coffee Mill Stitches in Elkader, Iowa. We were going to do a sale of some sort and  I was stitching this angel. I figured, sure, I will donate it to the sale. I got it stitched and one of the members finished it and then they said-"you really don't want to donate this do you? " I thought, no, I really don't. I believe  I made a monetary donation to the sale instead. I'm glad they talked me into keeping her. She looks lovely sitting on top of my tree every year. But she needs a bath.....Maybe after this Christmas.

Here is my tree:


And see where that needlepoint piece sits? That is where Angel of Love will go when I finish her!

I haven't stitched anything Christmas this year. I noticed that I had the same issue last year. Sad. Hopefully I will have something new in 2022. Hey! That rhymes!



12 comments:

jocondine said...

One day, one door of Jo's Advent Calendar, one lovely story of a Christmas tree! I love this hardanger angel, glad you kept it in your home and share it with us now! What a great stitching, such a nice pattern for the tree top. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! Merry Christmas! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar this year and thanks for the nice compliment! I just love blogging and want other people to keep going too!
Your angel is beautiful and I'm glad that you kept her too. I've been stitching for myself much more over the last couple of years. I used to gift a lot more, even quite large pieces.

diamondc said...

Beth: She is lovely, I too would have kept her.
I see some handmade ornaments on your tree, very sweet.
I have not done much Christmas stitching myself.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Elfie said...

I've probably done enough Christmas stitching this year for both of us, Beth. I love your Angel. She is very beautiful, and perfect for the tree topper job. I akso love your tree. I am so enjoying this Advent blog hop, reading about the Christmas tree traditions of the participants, and I really enjoyed my visit here this morning. Merry Christmas!

FlashinScissors said...

Hello Beth, lovely story about your angel. I wouldn’t have wanted to part with her either!
I’m trying to return to blogging and I’ve been meaning to try Hardanger I have a small kit waiting you might have just pushed me to make a start!
The other decorations on your tree look beautiful too!
Keep safe and well.
Happy Christmas 🎄😊
Barbara x

RONI said...

Maybe next year is my motto for many things I think! Thanks for sharing your angel and your tree with us x

Mary's Thread said...

Your hardanger angel is gorgeous. I couldn't have parted with her either! Merry Christmas!

Denise :) said...

I'm so glad you kept your Hardanger angel ... she's so beautiful gracing your tree top! Merry Christmas to you! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Oh yes, she is so lovely, I wouldn't have wanted to donate her either! Your tree looks so nice the the stitched ornaments on it.
Happy Christmas!

Sheryl said...

That Hardanger angel is really lovely, wonderful work. Happy New Year.

Mylene said...

That is such a lovely Hardanger Angel!

Leonore Winterer said...

What a gorgeous angel, I'm glad you got to keep her!