Monday, January 4, 2021

A Start

 Well, I don't think I have ever posted this piece here. It is a gift for my nephew and his wife who are expecting a baby this spring.


I bought the pattern and threads from Sassy Jack's

Kim changed out the DMC for Cosmos Threads. I must admit, I love them!

Here are my progress photos:
December 19 start:


December 31:

And yesterday:

I got up this morning to do a little stitching and realized I had made a mistake. It is at the very bottom of the pattern. Rats!

I have to frog everything above and to the right of the red circle. I am afraid to leave the mistake in as it will totally mess up the dome on the top. Thank goodness I received a seam ripper as a Christmas gift along with some tweezers...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Great start Beth. Sorry you have a frog visitor.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a lovely design, great work, hopefully the frog has hopped away for good.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, what a nice start! Love the colours. Hope you can fix your mistake soon.