Monday, January 25, 2021

17th Century Whitework Sampler

 I have started on this project with some friends. I decided to change the colors and I have run into a problem.

First, I did not like the Soie Paris. I found it hard to keep the twist in the thread. So the first row was stitched with Soie Paris but the rest were stitched with Soie d'alger.

I decided I needed to give the Soie Paris another try, so I spent the night ripping the bottom three rows out:

Here are the threads I plan on using:

I think I will like these better. The second thread from the left is the one I have already used.


Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Frustrating but better to frog now and get it the way you want it than leave it and regret it!
The purples are all lovely shades.

cheryl lennox said...

Unsewing... I did some of that on a quilt last week.
Your colours are super yummy!

diamondc said...

Beth: Almost all my stitching buddies are using the silk threads on spools, I have to try it now.
I cannot imagine frogging all the stitching you did wow.
I am looking forward to seeing this one finished.
Have a lovely day.


Clare-Aimetu said...

Although a pain it is better to frog and be happy, your colours are lovely, I hope it stitches up better this time

Leonore Winterer said...

I think the sampler will look lovely all in purples :)