Friday, November 19, 2021

Beginning of a Hermit Weekend!

 Well, I almost forgot what the day was, but remembered in the nick of time! What is the Hermit Weekend or the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW for short)? It is the third weekend in the month where we try to take extra time to stitch. Won't happen for me as I have college kids headed my way. Yipee! But they always come hungry for home cooking....

Anyway, I plan on stitching a few things:

A new start that I haven't even shared on my blog! Pour Ta Fete by Lindsay Lane Designs on 56 count Sycamore Seed pod and Soie Surfine. I must be NUTS! (I am further along than this photo shows, but this is the only one I took.)

Here is what it will look like when I finish it:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/ce3da4_5087538f92f34004820d11dc1b2ad566~mv2.jpeg/v1/fill/w_888,h_457,al_c,q_85/ce3da4_5087538f92f34004820d11dc1b2ad566~mv2.jpeg

Avlea Folk Emboridery Blue Larkspur:

And some on Springhill:


That should keep me busy! Now off to dig up my peanut brittle recipe as I need to get a batch made before my kids show up.





2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope you are enjoying your family weekend. That's an unusual Sampler, almost like the designer has cut up different charts and placed them randomly to make a scrapbook page!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's a huge new start, but looks like it will be fun - lots of mini motif finishes too! Hope you had a great weekend.