Sunday, November 28, 2021

Well, I Finally Switched Projects

 I realized that I was no longer enjoying stitching on Springhill. I spent time swiping on my phone, walking around the house, etc. So I decided to move my painted canvas upstairs.

Here is where Springhill currently is:

I think the leaves on those big trees finally got me! I had hoped to add another color to them, but that will have to wait until I bring it out again.

Here is where I am on my painted canvas:

Well, not really. I started to do the basketweave as my background when I realized the yellow I am using is too bright. The background needs to be the background! So I ripped it out and will start again.



4 comments:

diamondc said...

Beth: Spring Hill is a very pretty design.
The canvas is so bright and such lovely colors.
looking forward to seeing your progress.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those trees look very familiar! I think they are the same ones as I stitched in a Spring Sampler and got bogged down by the leaves too!
The canvas is certainly very vibrant with all those gorgeous colours.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is the sampler, what do you think?

https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2021/02/february-ihsw.html

Leonore Winterer said...

Even the prettiest project needs a break sometimes! You got a lot done, though.
Your canvas is very nice and bright, looking forward to seeing more on it.