Friday, November 12, 2021

A Finish and A Start

 I took some time and finished Byzantine Rose by Avlea Folk Embroidery.

It was a fun stitch and perfect for taking in the camper or to my mother-in-law's. We go to visit her every Sunday and I need something portable and easy to stitch while we visit.

I was going to start Bushland Quaker by Mojo Stitches as my new start. I mean, look at these threads!



(Excuse my helper, Gimpy!) 

I decided against starting this piece because I did not have fabric prepped and I wanted to stitch the piece on 40 count linen. This would make it difficult to stitch at my mother-in-law's house!

So I decided to start Blue Larkspur from Avlea Folk Embroidery. I mean, why not? It came fully kitted with everything but scissors and hoop!


The fabric is 30 count Legacy Linen Victoria Spongecake which I didn't think I would like. WRONG! Love it! This will take a bit to finish, but I am enjoying the time I get with it.




3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely little finish. It's nice to have a travel project amongst the larger pieces.
Love those gorgeous threads too.

diamondc said...

Beth: Beautiful finish, its always nice to have a small project to work on away from home.
Nice start with the beautiful threads.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely start and finish! I hope you'll get to work on the Bushland Quaker soon as well.