Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Art Quilt Changes

I have been playing with this art quilt for awhile. I was with some friends on Friday and they helped me play with it.
This is where we left it on Friday:
I posted it on Instagram and my daughter commented that she thought the lavender was too much. As did  Cheryl . I looked at it and decided I agreed. I love fuchsia and purple, but the lavender did not make me happy. So I took photos and started playing.
Here is the upper left corner from Friday in color and black and white:

 Note that the pink and lavender are the same value-medium.

I painted some of the lace with some fabric paint I have and took some more photos:
  I am going to play with the lace a little more and try to get a little more of the dark fuchsia in some of the lace. Also, I will paint some of the lavender and make it purple.  I pulled a blue thread I dyed earlier this year which I think will work to pull this color around the quilt a little more. I am very excited about this piece and feel like it looks so much better.
I have TONS of ideas for stitching on it, but I need to get this base layer down.

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Ooh, I have to agree. I usually love lavender, but this one looks better with more of the pink!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the way you use the black and white photos to work out the colour balance. It's clearly working for this design.