Friday, February 15, 2019

IHSW February and Gifted Gorgeousness

I hope to be working on MH1656 this weekend. I spent most of yesterday playing with the colors. The pink bothered me so I changed to grey. Here is my progression:








 The pink in the center is the  same as the pink in the satin stitch, which I find interesting.
Oh! What is IHSW? It is the third weekend in the month where you are supposed to take time for yourself to stitch.You do not need to kick your family out of the house or run away from home. Just take a dedicated bit of time to stitch.
Gifted Gorgeousness is the brainchild of Jo over at,you guessed it,  Serendipitous Stitching
The idea is to stitch something that is a gift, will be a gift, you can shoehorn into the idea of gift...You get the idea. But how can I do that with MH1656? Well the full title of this piece is MH 1656-My Beloved's Gift because Nicola Parkman received the original sampler from her husband as a gift. I want to work on this and can't think of another project for GG...
It is also Friday Off the Grid so I hope to join that group too! No, I have NOT joined the Magical Stitches group. In fact, I unsigned up for it as they are doing Harry Potter. I am not a fan, sorry to say.
Anyway, hope you have a great stitching weekend!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Looks good Beth. I'm not a Harry Potter fan either but the challenges are sure fun and I'm working on lots of different birthday projects.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

There are so many activities to do in blog and, I just about keep up with GG and Jo's blog hops hee hee

Christine said...

That's looking lovely!

Renee said...

Lovely stitching, Beth!

Elfie said...

Beaitiful stitching, Beth.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. What a lovely name for the sampler and the perfect way to get it into GG too. Nicola is a gift to the stitching world too!

I used to do a few FB SALs but now I just do the blog ones and link up on FB if there is a group there too. Like IHSW and WIPocalypse. And Stitch from Stash!!

Leonore Winterer said...

The grey looks great too! I hope you'll be happier with it now :)

Ariadne said...

Do you choose your own colours?AriadnefromGreece!