Friday, February 8, 2019

I Shouldn't Start Anything New....

but you all know that it is going to happen! 
Last year I watched Michelle G at Bendy Stitchy stitch Here Lie My Needles by Shakespeare's Peddler. It came out at Nashville's Market last year. Here Lie My Needles
I thought it would be great to stitch this piece to celebrate Hari-Kuyo in 2019 so I bought the pattern and put it in my stash.
Oh! What is Hari-Kuyo, you ask? Well I first heard about it from Pam on her blog,
Hokkaido Kudasai. She lives in Japan and had an interesting post about it. It is a ceremony honoring your needles where you place them in a shrine and thank them for the joy they gave you. If you want to find out more, here is a Wikipedia article.
My original thought was to have the piece STITCHED by February 8th and make it into a finished object in 2019. Ha! Ha! I now have the goal to have it stitched by December 8th and have it finished into something by 2020. I am changing my colors and making it less prim.I am not prim, that is for sure!
Here are the threads I pulled with the 40 count Lambswool:
 And here is my start:



Hopefully I will have an FFO soon to show you. After all, there is a SAL going on somewhere in blogland for finishing.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

The colors you have pictured look gorgeous!

Linda said...

Nice start Beth.

Linda

Leonore Winterer said...

I love the idea of Hari-Kuyou, and that's the perfect design to go with it!