Tuesday, November 1, 2022

A Start for Black Sampler November

 I decided to join Jacob of Modern Folk Embroidery in this fun stitch a long. I think he explains it in this Flosstube. But the idea is to stitch on a black sampler during the month of November. It doesn't have to be a sampler or black thread-just something dark. I wanted to start one of my huge projects, like Pandemic by Long Dog Samplers or one from Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly, but I refrained.

This is what I plan to start:


It is All Will be Well by Heartstring Samplery. I will be using Honey by BeStitched Me fabrics in 45 count and Onyx from Weeks Dye Works as my thread. I have a plan for fully finishing the piece IF I ever get it done...

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A super project, have fun with your November stitching

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea for November. It’s a nice sampler too.
I really want to start a Long Dog but not until I finish some more of my older large pieces.

Leonore Winterer said...

So many fun SALs our there! You picked a great pattern too.