Thursday, July 1, 2021

July is Here!

 First, let me answer Nicole's question about eyelets: the idea behind eyelets is to make a small hole in the center of the eyelet. Some stitchers say there doesn't have to be a hole, but there should be no threads covering the center where your thread goes down into the center. If you want to keep the back neat and tidy and the front so you can see a hole in the center of the eyelet, it often helps to plan a path around each letter doing half, or less, of each eyelet. I will try to remember to take photos when I  work on my next letter to show how it works.


Anyway, after that long-winded not very good explanation- here is my calendar for June:

I missed a few days stitching, but that is life. But I also completed two projects! 

First up, Ode to Palette color wheel class:

I made it into a cover for my bullet journal. Perfect stitching? No. But it is done and I learned tons about color. I highly recommend Natalie Dupis class.
I also finished my great-niece's birth sampler, but you have seen that already. 

I'll try to take a photo of Agnus Dei to show you my progress.


3 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Beth: I learned when I was young to have a hole in the eyelet, I have seen many stitcher's who do not leave a hole, to me it looks odd, but hey that's just me.
Ode To Palette is lovely.
June flew by way too fast.

Catherine

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I've seen eyelet done both ways. I believe it's a personal preference for the stitcher. The stitching on your Ode to Palette is beautiful! Your calendar looks a lot like mine filled with stickers and bright-colors of pen. Here is to a productive July! -Andrea

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that cover looks really good! I'll have to try something like this some day.