Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Because This Project is a Year Old

 Well, I think it is a year old....My blog only has a photo from August, but I think I started in July...

Here is my first post: Royal Garden

I wanted to try the Chilly Hollow stitch in a thinner thread as I didn't like my tension. I tried the Silk Lame Petite in the same color.

This is the whole piece:

With the regular Silk Lame:
With the Petite:
It is much smoother with the Petite, but I don't like the how it covers. Luckily this is easy to remove. I think I need to yank on my thread a bit more....And can I finish this piece in July?
 

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's a beautiful piece, I love the colours

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You can try adding one ply of cotton floss in a matching color to fill in a bit. Good luck!

Leonore Winterer said...

I think I like the look of the regular a bit better, but I'm sure you'll figure something out!