Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Rotation Failure

 I had a brilliant idea to rotate through my stitching projects. Two days on Royal Garden, Springhill and 17th Century Whitework Sampler with Sunday for my Gay Ann Rogers piece. I stuck to it for maybe one week. Then life and the realization that I need to work on my Color Wheel course took over.


What Color Wheel course, you may ask? Well, the one Fiber Talk got me into...

Sew by Hand

This is not an easy class and I am dreadfully behind. But boy am I learning stuff! Like how colors react when they are next to each other. How colors change when on different backgrounds. 

Here is the image I am using for my color study:


 It is called "He who takes another road and enjoys the journey". 

Here are my thread choices, although I will probably pull tints and tones of them as I stitch:

Here is my calendar. I missed two days stitching in May. Not too bad....


2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The colour wheel project sounds interesting. I like seeing how the fabric changes the look of the colours too.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope we'll get to see that colour wheel project soon! I have issues sticking to a rotation myself sometimes.