Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness May 2019

Jo over at   Serendipitous Stitching  started this SAL to give us the opportunity to stitch something that was gifted to us, is a gift for someone else, that you can fit the word gift into....You get the idea.
I try to find something that I am stitching that I can shoehorn into this SAL. This month I thought I would show you the (very little) progress I have made on a project that I intend to gift to someone. That is, if I ever finish it!
This is the last photos I have of it.
 There is a mistake in the lower wing sections and I thought I might just throw the whole thing away.
 But I couldn't do it. So I decided to make it work. It is not a great work of art or anything! I am just going to mail it as a postcard!
So I took it back out and got a little more stitching done.
I may just leave the center parts blank. There is a bit more stitching in other areas, but it would be a joy to have it done and gone!

6 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you decided to pull through!

Linda said...

I think the butterfly looks just fine.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
This is a lovely project but if you're not enjoying it sometimes you have to call "Time" and say it's done as it is.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps the link-up post is now up!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Beth,
It’s a shame you don’t like your butterfly. It looks good to me! Nobody else would know what is wrong ..... unless you pointed it out to them!
However if you are not enjoying stitching it you need to move it on fast!
I have never done that with any of my cross stitch projects though ..... they just lurk in corners of our cupboards! Tee hee!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Astrids dragon said...

It looks wonderful, such a pretty colour! I'm looking forward to seeing how you make it into a postcard.