Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stash Enhancement

A few weeks ago I ordered some threads in for a couple of Gay Ann Roger's pieces. I figured I should 'fess up and post a picture of them. Aren't they pretty? No, I haven't started on either project except for purchase the materials necessary. Sigh. So much for stash reduction.

Here is my progress on O Star of Wonder:
I realize it does not look like much, but this piece is very complicated and has lots of thread changes. It is so gorgeous in person and I am enjoying the challenge.
I do have a dilemma. I want to get something DONE and out of my rotation. The only thing in my rotation that is close to being done is my Illinois canvas. So I am thinking of stopping work on this piece and moving on to my Illinois canvas. So much for my New Year's Resolution...
I also have an urge to join the ANG Stitch of the Month (SOTM). It looks like a great project to do with my local guild, but they will need a visual to be excited....So many projects and so little time. And the dust bunnies are getting ready to take over so I must do some housekeeping!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

That cracks me up. I think we can all relate to that one!! I might start naming my dust bunnies!!

Cyn said...

Hi Beth,

Do, the ANG SOTM this year! I'm probably going to start on it but not till later in the year. Want to work on a few other projects first. Plus I'd like to see how it develops before picking my colors. :-)

Thanks for the well wishes on my back. I'm doing much better now. Thank goodness!

Dust Bunnies? I have Dust Rabbits!!! And the Holiday decorations are not down yet (due to back problem)! I'll get there... :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Von said...

Ah, Beth, it does my heart good to see a nice bit of stash, especially when there are lovely silks involved! I've been playing in mine today, just organizing, but doing a big of project planning too. :)