Friday, January 22, 2010

New Year's Resolutions Down the Drain

I did not even make it to the end of January before I ditched my New Year's stitching rotation. But I guess it is not a total loss as I have finished all my pre-work of the GAR Townhouse and I made some progress on the Heirloom Stitching Sampler. I think I need to get something DONE before I start on something new. And there are so many projects calling my name!

So I decided to make some serious progress on my Illinois Canvas. I still have around 50 counties to go, but I figure if I can get 20 done before the end of the month, I will be very happy.
Working on it makes me want to dye threads. Thank God my collection of dyes is with a friend who wants to dye some fabric. That removes a little temptation.
I am going to start on the ANG SOTM. Went and bought threads today. (Head hanging low.) Will try to take a picture and post tomorrow. I avoided silks as I am hoping to entice some of my guild members to join me in this mystery. We have a meeting tomorrow and I want to show them.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hi Beth,

Great progress on your Illinois canvas!

Okay, what colors did you pick for the ANG SOTM? Or did you use the recommended colors?

I'm still debating on when I want to start and what I'll use. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow