Monday, December 18, 2023

Advent Calendar Blog Hop

 This is a lovely hop planned and hosted by the awesome Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching

If you haven't checked her out already, go over and see what everyone else has posted for Christmas or winter stitching.

Jo asked us this year about our Santa Stories:  Please share your favourite Santa traditions and customs from your family or your home town.  Maybe you always visit a certain Santa in a shop?  Does Santa arrive by train, sleigh or motorcycle?  Does your family have a Magic Key so he can get in or does he still come down the chimney?  Any story you think we will all enjoy.

Well, I have a Santa story that is fairly recent. I live in a small town in Illinois. The Christmas of 2021, our mayor(dressed as Santa), drove around in the township pick-up truck with a speaker yelling "Ho! Ho! Ho!" We got up and looked out the window, and thought-"What?!?" We all laughed and waved and went back to the movie we were watching. Small town America. It can't be beat.

Here is the ornament I made for the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild ornament exchange. I receiver Melissa from Measi Musings


I used Winterhill by Rosewood Manor Designs as my pattern. Lots of fun!


7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely story, at least you waved. A cute ornament, Merry Christmas 🎄

jocondine said...

Funny story, I try to imagine our mayor celebrating Christmas in the same way (could give him this great idea) driving maybe a 2cv Citroen! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Lovely ornament.
I wonder, was the mayor on his own, had he been at the Christmas sherry or was he fundraising for charity? Our mayor helped Santa switch on the Christmas lights this year, apparently they forgot to invite her last year!

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun story! Seems like your mayor is a very likable guy.

Shelly said...

A good Mayor you have there! Your ornament is a beauty 🌺 Merry Christmas!

Denise :) said...

Small town living is perfect for character, I agree! Your ornament is really pretty! I hope you had a Merry Christmas ... and a very Happy New Year! Hugs! :)

Astrids dragon said...

That sounds like it could be a Christmas movie! I love small town stories.
What a lovely ornament, I like the back being stitched like that too.