Thursday, June 8, 2023

Pour Ta Fete Thoughts

 Jo from Serendipitous Stitching asked if I was giving any more thought on initials.

Well, I am wondering about changing the huge initials in the piece to my maternal grandmother's initials and then adding all my maternal aunts initials. My mom was the oldest of 13 children and for some reason all the girls names had Mary in them. (Probably a Hispanic/Catholic thing.) Anyway, I know I have a document with their names somewhere or I can pick my mom's brain. She is 90, but very sharp.  

But what do you think? I would love to commemorate my maternal family that way.

Here is the section I am currently stitching away on:



2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think that is a wonderful idea! How interesting that they all have Mary in their names, that’s my family middle name. But only one person per generation gets it!

Leonore Winterer said...

That sounds like a wonderful idea! Wow, what a huge family your mum has.