Sunday, January 8, 2023

WIPocalypse 2023 Introduction

 Well, I have all the WIPs, so I thought I would join Melissa for her fun yearlong challenge. If you don't know what WIPocalypse is, check her blog post. I have participated before and decided to try it again. My understanding is that this started the year before the Mayan Calendar ran out and we "had" to finish our WIPs before the "end of the world'. (Even if that isn't the way this challenge started, I love the story and am sticking to it!) Anyway, this is the day we are to introduce ourselves and post our WIPs and what we hope to accomplish.

Introduction:

My name is Beth and I live in Illinois along the Mississippi River due west of Chicago. I have 3 grown children, two boys and a girl. My daughter has graduated from college and has a job raising funds for a private foster care group. My two boys are working on their PhD's in engineering. I home schooled them and was a stay-at home mom. My husband retired recently and we have a small camper that we plan to use to see the USA. I love about any type of needlework and  like to keep several projects in a "current" rotation. I also like starting new projects, which can be an issue. I am active in my local Embroidery Guild of America , Cyberpointers , and co-host Fiber Talk .

WIPs

My WIP list is too long to post so many photos. (As I write this, I have FOUND 29 WIPS and I know there are more lurking.) So throughout the month of January I will be post photos of my WIPS. Here is my list (in no particular order);

1.My Beloved, MH 1656-Hands Across the Sea

2.Catherine-Gay Ann Rogers

3.Betsy Ross Case-Gay Ann Rogers

4.Art Quilt

5.Dorset Button Eyeglass Case-Ariane Zurcher

6.Star of Wonder

7.Reptiles-Heaven and Earth Design

8.Scissors-Shakespeare's Peddler

9.Reptiles Painted Canvas

10.Octopus-Don Moyer

11.17th Century Whitework-Thistle Threads

12.Blue Larkspur-Avlea

13.Drawn Thread Sampler-Gay Ann Rogers

14.Lotus Box-Terri Bay

15.Map Class- Catherine Jordan

16.A knot Garden-Catherine Jordan

17.Florentine Ornaments-EGA GCC

18.Paisley Passion-Deb Forney

19.Venetian Delight-Ro Pace/Jean Hilton

20.Chip and Chat-Judy Jeroy

21.Dawn to Dusk-Textured Treasures

22.Alice Ellen Usher-Sassafras Samplers

23.Pour ta Fete-Lindsey Lane Designs

24.Sampler Book-Erica Michaels

25.Purrfect Christmas Santa-Mill Hill

26.Love Coffee-Mill Hill

27.Garden Chair-Mill Hill 

28.Gnome Santa-Janet Zickler Casey

29.Angel of Love-Lavender and Lace

 I will be posting photos of my photos for the rest of the month, in no particular order. That way, I have a record of all my WIPs!

Plans

 Well, like everyone, I hope to have fewer WIPS at the end of the year than the beginning, but that is not really a plan. To whittle the WIPs down, I plan to work a cross-stitch piece, a needlepoint piece and my travel piece. Pour ta Fete is the first cross-stitch piece but it is on 56 count linen and therefore I may decide to work on another cross-stitch piece along with it. But before I start a new sampler, Pour ta Fete must get done! My painted canvas is the needlepoint piece as it is so close to a finish. I'm still not sure what my travel piece will be, but probably one of the Mill Hill bead kits.


6 comments:

Brenda M. Côté said...

I love your list. Hope you post photos soon. I too keep a list on my blog page:

https://brendasneedlepointstudio.blogspot.com/p/in-process-projects.html

I'm afraid to bring them to everyone's attention because when you add the WIPs to my planned projects, the total can definitely be given the title SABLE--stash accumulated beyond life expectancy. LOL

Keep on stitching and posting. Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Leonore Winterer said...

Welcome to WIPocalypse, it's a fun one :D Looking forward to your answers on some of the monthly questions.

diamondc said...

Beth: I hope 2023 gets you through all your WIPS, that is a list to have for sure, you have chosen some lovely designs to work on.
Happy Stitching in 2023

Catherine

jocondine said...

Great plans, will visit you soon to see the pictures of your WIPs and your progress. Nice to share this new year goals with the Wipocalypse SAL friends! Bonne Année 2023 ! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You are absolutely correct about how WIPocalypse started. Now I believe we actually keep the end of the world at bay by never finishing all our WIPs!
You’ve got some gorgeous projects on that list and I’m looking forward to seeing the photos of each one.

Bridgette said...

What a wonderful list of goodies to stitch on!
I am excited to join WIPocalypse with everyone too, and see all the progress, finishes and of course starts.