Friday, November 8, 2019

Slow Stitching

On Instagram there is a hashtag called #slowstitch. I think the idea is to meditative as you stitch a project and also just to be more mindful. I already knew that taking a few stitches on a project calms my mind and makes me focus on what is truly important.
I have been working on this quilt for a bit. It is truly slow since I am really not sure what I am going to do on the piece but just decide as I go.

A lot of the seams need something done to them. French knots, detached chain stitch and woven spiral stitch give it some texture. Not sure this will ever get done, but I do like working on it.

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I know all about slow stitching but I find it frustrating! Cross Stitch is slow enough as a hobby, I don't need to slow down any more LOL

The quilt is looking beautiful. I don't think it is necessary to have it finished if you really enjoy the process.

Leonore Winterer said...

I agree with Jo, any stitching is slow stitching for me haha :D But I know there are some berserker stitchers out there who go immensly fast and use techniques that sound (to me) like they can't be much fun, so slowing down might be useful for them.

Astrids dragon said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Relaxed stitching it nice but I don't know how long I'd be able to take my time.
The quilt looks beautiful, I love those colours.