Monday, May 15, 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness May 2023

I have been working on Pour ta Fete. My goal is to finish it in 2023. We will see how that goes. I love stitching on it but made the fatal mistake of not going with my gut and doing it all in red.

 I like how it looks, but am not in love and doubt I will hang it on my wall. 

I also have another dilemma; do I add to the piece? Do I personalize it? There are lots of empty spaces and I think the girl who originally stitched it got tired of the piece and just wanted it done. Since I don't love it, should I just stitch it as charted and move on? Or should I add something that makes it more "me"?

Oh! GG is the brainchild of the lovely Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching We are to post something that has to do with gifts on the 15th of the month or there about.....

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The sampler is lovely but if you’re not going to display it, I would be inclined to stitch it as charted and maybe add a line about how the original stitcher left “this space intentionally blank” like you see on exam papers!

Leonore Winterer said...

Would adding some personalization make you more likely to display the sampler? If not, I think I'd just go with the chart!