Wednesday, September 21, 2022

I Must be Nuts, But We Already Knew That

 I swore when I broke my knee cap that I would not can anything this year. Nothing. Nada. But then the tomatoes started ripening and no one came to pick them....So guess what I did? 16 quarts of tomatoes and 11 pints of salsa. Not all in one day mind you, but still.


My college kids are happy. My knee, not so much.

I took a hot second and stretched the crewel piece so I could fully finish it. 



I love how it goes from wrinkled to smooth!

I also finished this piece from Stitched Stories


I can never remember the name of this kit, but it was a blast to stitch. (Full disclosure:Debbie gifted this to me after Fiber Talk  interviewed her.) I have purchased another kit that I hope to start on my next camping trip.




And just to bore you a little more, I fully finished one of my Inchies pieces from Kathy Reese .I took a Dorset Button class through Sassy Jack's September Soiree 2022 . The Soiree was fun as was the little workshop. If you can't travel to retreats, but would like to meet some stitching friends, I highly recommend Kim Young's Soiree. I'll take some pictures of my swag and share them soon.


4 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Beth: Wow that is a load of tomatoes to process, and salsa too yummy in my tummy.
Love the piece you stretched; it is beautiful.
The bag is amazing, what a lovely gift.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm never bored reading your blog. That's a lot of tomatoes, enjoy eating your labours. Great stretching on your crewel work, my sentiments exactly regarding coffee, I love it. You're very clever, that's a great bag.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a huge amount of tomatoes, but at least they won’t be wasted!
Lovely work on the crewel too. And beautifully smooth LOL

Leonore Winterer said...

Great job getting all those tomatoes canned - now go rest that knee! your finishing looks amazing, I especially love the inchies purse.