Saturday, February 26, 2022

Painted Lizard Canvas

 This project was called for my WIPGO board for February.  Don't know what WIPGO is? Here is a link to the best explanation. I doubt I will get 8 hours in this piece before the end of the month, but I have gotten a little bit done. Mainly, reverse stitching.

First attempt was the purple and then I tried the variegated thread:

Then I tried a different thread:

Much better. So I ripped the other threads out and started stitching.

Looking at this photo makes me wonder if I should have found a black thread...

Then I could find a bright thread that has the neon colors and place it in the squares. I will sleep on this and decide in the morning.



4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Good luck. It's looking good.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great colours, happy stitching

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Decisions, decisions! The darker colour does look better, would it work with just one shade of neon?

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I love this project! Hope we'll get another update on it soon.