Saturday, March 13, 2021

Beads in the Jessicas?

 I have been plugging away at Springhill. I do love the colors and stitching with 100/3 from Au ver a Soie.

But I needed to do something for the flowers that go around the vine. I decided that the jessica stitch was a good idea:

I like how they look. But they needed something in the center so I tried a number 15 bead.


Too big! As those are the smallest I have (and that I know exist!), I decided it needed a french knot:


Much better. I have to do a few at a time as they are so tiny!!!


4 comments:

jhm said...

Ihave found when you want beads (or french knots) in the center of a Jessica, place the bead or knot first and work around it to do the Jessica. Just my experience

diamondc said...

Beth: you have been busy stitching, this is such a beautiful Sampler.
Have a wonderful day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

If that is a petite bead, then those Jessica's are tiny! The Knots look lovely though,

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh wow! These beads are huge compared to the french knots.