Saturday, April 28, 2018

And It Is Finished!

It took a bit, but I have finished stitching all the bits for Tall Year Squared by Betsy Morgan!
I had to make some decisions and ended up ripping a bit.
Here is what I did:
First I started stitching the scissors fob in the red with purple. I love red and thought it might work.
 I continued with the year and my initials. I thought it was ok.
Then I dug through the colors and started the base. (Yes, the base is stitched!)
 Now that I loved!
So I ripped out my stitching on  the scissors fob and stitched it in Harvest Grape-Glorianna silk.
I am glad to see the end of the stitching on this piece. Now to wait for the rest of my group to catch up. This may give me permission to start a new project soon.....

5 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing the stitching Beth. Looking forward to your new start.

Linda

Pamela said...

Great colors!

Daffycat said...

Oh, it’s very pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on completing the stitching part.

I love the thread you used the second time. I also noticed that you changed the two E's so they look more like a monogram to me.

Leonore Winterer said...

I totally understand your decision! After putting that much time and effort into this design, it would have been a shame to go with second choices this close to the finish.