Thursday, December 19, 2019

Advent Blog Hop!

Serendipitous Stitching 
is having her annual Advent Blog Hop. I always like seeing everyone's posts. Jo asked us to share our favorite Christmas movie. Mine has to be It's A Wonderful Life. We watch it every year with a big bowl of popcorn.

I worked extra hard to get two finishes for this hop!
First up, Snow Crystals by Kathy Holicky;
A friend gifted me the pattern and I used it for an ornament exchange for my local guild. It was stitched on even weave which I did not like, so I stitched it on a very light blue congress cloth.
Next up is Variations of a Cross Stitch by Patricia Mazu. I think it was offered through either EGA or ANG.... Anyway, it has been stitched and in my stash for quite a while. I was afraid to do the finishing but finally watched Vonna Pfeiffer and just did it! Please note, mine is not perfect, nor did I follow her instructions exactly, but it is done!
Because it was stitched on 18 count mono canvas, I stitched around the stocking shape twice.

 Then I went to turn it right side out. Boy! Was I nervous!
 But it all worked out.
Here it is finished. If you look at one of the photos, you will see the colors Pat used. I had a bunch of purple and was able to use quite a few from my stash.  My favorite by far was Sparkle Chainette from
 Colour Complements
I don't know if she carries this thread anymore, but you should look at her rick rack and petite very velvet. Yummy!

10 comments:

DJ said...

Such exquisite stitching! And your finishing is lovely too, I'm sure I would have been a little nervous turning that inside out too, but you did a wonderful job! I like It's a Wonderful Life too, all the actors were amazing in that film and it leaves you with a wonderful message. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finishes Beth.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
I love both the finishes you've shared, especially the lovely purple colours in your stocking. Which is beautifully finished!

FlashinScissors said...

Snap with the film, my favourite too!
Congratulations on two beautiful project finishes! It must have been nerve racking turning both stockings through, but they both look gorgeous, well done!
Barbara xx

Elfie said...

Brautiful stitching and finishing. Delightful projects, very festive. We share a fondness for 'A Wonderful Life'. Merry Christmas!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Perfectly purple, love that stocking.

jocondine said...

Amazing stocking, so nice color and chart, well done! Joyeux Noël ! xxx

Ariadne said...

This stocking has amazing colours. AriadnefromGreece!

Leonore Winterer said...

That stocking is gorgeous in purple :)

Astrids dragon said...

Both finishes turned out beautifully, but the stocking really looks great! The purple really makes it.
You can't go wrong with It's a Wonderful Life, such a classic.
I hope you had a very Happy Christmas.