Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Block 1 Finished

First, my daughter asked if I was making these blocks into a real quilt. When I said I had hoped to make postcards, she was sad. She has been pestering about a crazy quilt for years. So now I am not sure how I am finishing these....
If I was going to mail them, I would mount the block on card stock and take another piece of card stock and glue them together. The block would need some sort of edging, but I have done something similar. Although I could add fabric to the back and mail it. I would need to play with it.
Here is where I left block 1 in July:

 All the beads add a lot of texture.

How would I sew them together as I did not make perfect rectangles?

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Very pretty! You could put a border around each one and trim them all the same size to put together the blocks for a quilt. The borders would frame each CQ block. If you off set the blocks, like bricks, you wouldn't notice the size of the borders because they wouldn't be lined up.

Beth in IL said...

Pamela, you are brilliant!I will have to make a note of this and put it in my book.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the colours in this one.
If you photograph each block, you could make postcards out of the photos and still have the blocks to make the quilt.