Friday, December 30, 2011

WIPocalypse Projects

 I realized I could add lots more WIP's to this list, but I decided to work on the ones that I really want to get done this year.  (WIP-works in progress)  The above is a project I started with my local guild last year.  It is called the Agecroft Sweet Bag by Catherine Jordan.  The pattern is from NeedleArts, the Embroiderer's Guild of America's magazine March 2011.  I have not gotten much done, but that is about to change!
 Solar Flare by Ro Pace.  I love this piece!  I got sidetracked from finishing it last year because of Serpentine...
Illinois canvas with my hand-dyed threads.  I almost pulled this from my list as my dh does not like the piece.  Also, I will need to dye threads and do the background for this piece.  But I enjoy working on it and want to see it done.
Box Top of Ukrainian Nyzynka by Phyllis Maurer..  I am very close to finishing this.  It looks like cross-stitch in the pictures, but it is a running stitch done on the back of the piece(in black), then "flowered" with all the color.  It is supposed to be reversible, but mine is not!  My stitching is less than perfect on this piece and I am not sure what I will do with it when I am done.  A small purse?  A box top? I do love the piece and hope it will be done soon. 

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Everything you do ticks all my boxes. I look forward to your posts and seeing your projects xxx