Friday, July 17, 2009

Jerusalem 2000-undone

I decided that there was a section in this piece that I did not like and it bugged me. So instead of taking it to the framer, I ripped. Here is a close-up of the mosque undone:
I know I will be happier in the long run, but it was a tough decision.
Below is a photo of my latest "big" project. My local EGA is doing these canvases of the various Midwest states.


I am using those threads that I dyed. I love how it looks! Now if I just could spend less time on my garden and more on my stitching! Fat chance!

Hope everyone is have a good summer and getting lots of stitching done!



1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hi Beth,

If it was bothering you then you needed to rip it out as it would always bother you!

Yes, I know the feeling as I'm now restitching poor Uncle S's nose. Sigh...

On the state outline, the inside sections are the counties correct?

There are cross stitch designs for Maryland but since it's such an odd shaped state I don't think it would work well in needlepoint. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Cynthia
Windy Meadow