Sunday, March 31, 2019

Check In for March Wipocalypse

This is the post for the WIPocalypse SAL that takes place at the end of every month. The idea is to stitch though our WIPs before the end of the world. I am not going to post photos of all my WIPS this month as you will see them a lot next month!
Question of the Month:What newer designers and product creators out there have you discovered and recommend?  Well, I have been away from cross stitch for quite a bit as I am more of a needlepoint person, so a lot of designers are new although I have some of their products in my stash...Go figure! Anyway, one person I would recommend is Nancy who makes the most lovely flosses. I have some of her fabric too although I have not stitched on it. The floss is nice and a very subtle variegation for most of it. I would recommend buying one of her packs and trying them. They are in 20 yard packs and some people are splitting them so as to get more colors. The other floss I have purchased, but not used is Silks4u . Again, huge hanks and lovely colors. I have a plan for the ones in my stash.....NO NEW PROJECTS!!!!(Just yelling at myself, sorry.)
 Well, I really liked the challenge Melissa put out to work on one project every day for a month. I missed one day, but that isn't bad.
Here is where I started:
And here is the progress I made!
I think I will continue to work on this piece in April every day.I am at the point where I need to do some back stitching and a length of that every day would get a bunch done.


Tomorrow starts the Blogging A to Z Challenge and I am kind of ready. My goal is to  work on pieces from my stash. I am including things I have stitched but have not fully finished and the huge 2020 crazy quilt challenge. And because I am nuts (Cheryl), I am going to do the 100 Day Project. It starts April 2 but takes place on Instagram. I just got a new phone and I want to learn how to post photos using it. I will figure out my hashtag and put it in the post on April 2 so if you are on Instagram you can follow me. I have a private account so it may take a bit to approve you...

5 comments:

Linda said...

Fantastic progress Beth.

LInda

Carey Devine said...

Great Progress.. I wished I could work on one project at a time. I am also checking out the 2020 crazy quilt too.. I can't wait to see what you come up with for that. Happy Stitching

Scrapbrat1 said...

You got a lot done on your project!! It looks great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your daily project. I really enjoy having a project that I can stitch little and often. You do get results over time.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your daily project really saw a ton of progress! Looks awesome.