I meant to add this on Tuesday, but today is as good as any. I got together with a friend and we did some stitching on our samplers. She has inspired me to spend more time on it although I am bound and determined to get Elizabeth done!!!
Even though I spent several hours on Elizabeth, there was not much progress. My only consolation is that I am close to getting that right sleeve done. Once it is finished, I will be able to start the blackwork sleeves. And more background....
I had planned on getting the other sleeve done this past week, but realized that I needed to put the background in so all the little stings stayed out of my way. I think the right side of the background will be done by tomorrow. How exciting!! Well, not totally done as it needs another stitch over it, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I started this last year but it went to the basement when I worked on the pilot project for ANG. I brought it back up and thought it would be nice to alternate with Elizabeth. Hopefully I basted it correctly.
I did a lot of tent stitch this week and managed to get most of one sleeve stitched. I also did a bit on one side of the background, but it does not look like much.Maybe by next week it will have the other side stitched.
Elizabeth is the one piece that I want to finish this year. But right now I am stuck in basketweave mode. All the background to her sleeves and the little lines in the sleeves are basketweave. I will have to pull out another project to work on occasionally or I will go nuts.