Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Backstitching is NOT My Favorite

I know that is a common complaint for a lot of people, but I also know that backstitching makes a huge difference on a piece. Look at the ox, for example:
 I think he looks so much better with the little backstitching I managed to put in:
I am trying to get Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus in this month, but this is a Cross My Heart design and there are a lot of little color changes and 1/4 and 3/4 stitches. I figure if I stitch a thread length a day as a minimum, I will see quite a bit of progress. But so many other projects are calling my name!

3 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great Beth. I am one of the few that loves to backstitch.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

Nit my favourite part of stitching either but it is so worth the effort.

Leonore Winterer said...

One length a day can make for a lot of difference, I can attest for that :)