Sunday, October 29, 2023

WIPocalypse October 2023

 I did not do the challenge to stitch on one piece for the entire month. Life was just a little hectic. But I do have 12 pints of apple butter....Thank you to Melissa from Measi Musings for hosting this lovely SAL.

Question of the month: How do you begin planning for the next year with your stitching? Tell us your process.  Well, I do start planning for the next year around now. I mentally think about the WIPS I am working on and think if I can finish any of them and get them off my WIP list. If the answer is yes, then I make those projects a priority. Next I think of any WIPs that I want to finish in 2024. Is it feasible? How much time will it take? What projects do I want to make progress on even if I don't complete them.

So I must finish these hearts before the end of the year as they are a gift for my mom:


That makes them a priority now along with the ornaments I am making for some exchanges.

Susan Schlitcher is a priority as I would like her done by spring:


Dawn to Dusk is another piece I would like to have done in 2024. I will have to spend some serious time on this piece:

 One that I want to work on, but has no chance of getting done in 2024 is my casket, Harmony of Nature. But I must work on it and make some progress in the coming year.

I look forward to the end of the year and showing what pieces I stitched and actually finished. Will I have fewer than 30 WIPs? Time will tell!



2 comments:

diamondc said...

Greetings Beth: The hearts are lovely, I love the Susan Schlitcher, it is beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing the Casket done.
I do not plan any stitching for the up coming year, I just find something I like and stitch from my stash mostly.

Have a great week
Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

I like your plans! I think it's easier to identify projects to finish than those that just ned some progress. I tend to forget about them and just leave them alone for way too long!