Thursday, January 16, 2020

Take A Stitch Tuesday (on Thursday)

I have joined Sharon B on her TAST SAL the first two weeks but have not posted my progress here.
For information on TAST, go to  Pintangle             .
The first week was the chain stitch:
I am putting it in the grooves of the lace.
Week 2 is Fly Stitch and the Italian Border Stitch
I love the Fly Stitch and use it a lot, but the Italian Border stitch is a new twist. Basically, it is a French Knot holding down the "U" of the Fly Stitch instead of using a straight stitch. I see a couple of places where this would be great. I may even add a different color thread to make the knots.


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I participated in TAST a few years ago and it was a great way to learn new stitches and practice old ones!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super way to learn new things, beautiful work

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a beautiful piece. But a French Knot holding down the Fly Stitch? That sounds like an exercise in extreme patience!

Amy Davidson said...

It's fabulous!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, lovely. TAST is a great way to progress on this project :)