Sunday, December 29, 2019

Last WIPocalypse Post for 2019 Photo Heavy

This was fun to do although I often forgot to post...It is the brain child of Melissa over at
Measi's Musings . If you want to learn more about WIPocalpse, check out this post . I plan on doing WIPocalypse 2020 as I do have  a few (cough, cough) that I did not finish this year. If you want to see my starting post, look here     .
So here we go:
1. First Christmas Stocking
Here is where I started:
 And I had a finish!
    2. Drawn Thread Sampler by Gay Ann Rogers:

Well, I did not touch them this year. Maybe 2020?
3.MH 1656-Hands Across the Sea
 I am behind the group, but only by a few months. Will take a photo of the whole thing for 2020.
4.2020 Crazy Quilt Challenge:
I am so behind on this! But I did get one more block finished. Doubt I will get done before the end of the year.
5.Welcome-Mill Hill Kit
I did get this finished too!
6.Butterfly-Alesandra Adelainde
I am getting closer on this, but it isn't done.


7. Flowering Lotus Box_Terri Bay
I restarted this as I made a mistake. And now I have no progress to show.
8.Reptiles
Here is where I was in January:
 And my last time I worked on it, which was August:

I do hope to make more progress on this piece in 2020
9. Tall Year Squared by Betsy Morgan
I finished this piece which made me very happy.
10.Here are a few of the pieces I fully finished from the stack of shame...




Not too bad although I have a few more to get done.
11. No progress on Saint Nick:
12. Warm and Wise:
Finished and ready to display!
13. I was going to start a project with my friend Mary, but we never did. It is my fault as I could not bring myself to start another big project when I had so many started. But we are going to try again in 2020.
14.Catherine Jordan Map Class:
Well, I outlined my map....So now it is a true WIP.
15. Hooray for the Red, White and Blue:
Can't wait to display this in July.
16. Pumpkin Canvas:
Stitched and waiting for me to fully finish it. I also have my friend's canvas. I'm a bad friend.
17. Coverlet-Janet Perry. I ended up trashing this piece. I made a mistake and was never going to stitch it. And I needed the stretcher bars!
18-27 I won't bore you with the other WIPs from my stash that never got stitched. But because a girl can never have too many projects, here are the ones I added in 2019:
28.Love Lives Here-Heart in Hand and 29. The Scarlett House Valentine Pillow
I stitched and finished these two smalls:

30. Here Lie my Needles by Shakespeare's Peddler
Stitched and finished:
31. Imperial Diamonds Heart by Gay Ann Rogers
Stitched and finished:
32. Quaker Ball adaptation- I have finished the stitching on this but I need to make it into something....
33.Art Quilt Remake:
I am doing a VERY slow stitch on this piece:
34.L. Genders-Brenda Gervais
Started this piece and here is where I am at this point:
If you made it all the way to the end, you are amazing! It looks like I finished 10 projects out of the 34 on my list. Not too bad considering some are truly large projects. I need to think about what will be on my WIP list for next year. I have already started making plans and I know I will be having some new starts in the New Year.
Happy end of 2019! Hope your New Year is full of joy and lots of time to stitch.












      

5 comments:

Linda said...

All lovely projects for the year Beth.

Linda

jocondine said...

Thanks for sharing your progress and finished works for this Wipocalypse review. Well done! Can't wait to see your plans for 2020. Happy New Year!

Astrids dragon said...

So many beautifully finished pieces! And the ones that are waiting their turn look lovely so far too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work. I love the Tall Year Squared and the Gay Ann Rogers Hearts. Looking forward to seeing your progress throughout 2020 now.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think you did a great job with your WIPs this year :) Looking forward to 2020!