Saturday, August 12, 2017

I Have Been Stitching...

But I can't show it to you!!!I am busy trying to finish that pilot class. I would really prefer to work on Reptiles, but feel like I need to get this task completed. Also, I made a HUGE mistake on the pilot piece. I put a motif in the wrong place and I don't think there is enough thread to redo the whole section. So I am ignoring it for now and doing the other sections. I am so glad I am stitching it. The colors are not my favorites, but the motifs are a blast to stitch.

My dd and I did some yard sales yesterday. I was looking for a rice maker and freezer for my oldest, but I struck out on those things. I did find a new coffee maker for myself-$2!!!!! and these beauties:


 Yes, that is dd under the tablecloths!
The center of the grey one is batttenburg lace, I do believe.
 The white one has lovely whitework:
And it is huge!
They really need a good wash.  My mom loves to entertain and I want to see if she wants them. I will attempt to clean them for her if she does. If not, I will wash them and dye them at the next dyeing workshop at the library.
 I also found these napkins:

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great haul!
Looking forward to seeing the mystery piece too.

cheryl lennox said...

When I retire, I must go yard saling with you. You always find the best stuff!