Saturday, September 17, 2016

Big Birthday Blog Hop

Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching   is having a Big Birthday Blog Hop. She is giving each of us an year and some information to post about her and ourselves. So here it goes!
1970 - Jo was 4.  She was living in Singapore with her Mum, Dad, her little sister and a whole menagerie of animals.  The dog had puppies, the cat had kittens, there were tame Java Temple Birds in the house as well as the chameleon in the garden and no mention of the enormous spiders!  For her 4th Birthday Jo got a bright red pedal car which she loved driving around the garden.

1970- Beth was older than Jo. She lived in Beaver Creek, Ohio with her 3 brothers and two sisters.  We had a cat and a beagle named Charlie Brown. She loved to play in the woods with her brothers and the creek that ran by our property. Don't remember what she received as a birthday present that year, but it probably was a Barbie doll.

Here are some stitchy projects I think Jo would like:
The hearts are Gay Ann Rogers designs. (She is having her sale in October!!!) But I can't remember  who designed the dragon and the R Fairy....

Hope you have a great birthday Jo!!!

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Nice to meet you Beth. I enjoyed learning about you and Jo. How very fun!

Astrids dragon said...

Love the dragon and fairy! We were just in Beaver Creek visiting family last month, we love it there.

Carolyn said...

Hello Beth,
I love the name of your dog. How appropriate for that time era. I wonder who didn't have a barbie in those days? Thanks for sharing a tidbit about yourself. Those hearts are beautifully done. The Dragon and Fairy would more then likely appeal to her.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Birthday Blog Hop. I love the sound of your childhood too. We didn't really have Barbie in the UK at that time. We had Sindy who was a little bit more realistic and more wholesome according to our parents!
I love all the pictures you have shared. The Fairy is one of Nora Corbett's Alphabet series. I stitched four of them this year! Not sure about the dragon but he's gorgeous. Great choices.

Bea said...

My first visit to your blog Beth and thanks for sharing with us. Love all the stitching pieces you share, but particularly the dragon.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Loved reading more about you and Jo. All your stitched pieces are fabulous, but the Gay Ann Rogers hearts are my favorite.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely choices of stitched pieces for Jo, and wonderful to learn more about each of you.

Pamela said...

In 1970 I probably received a Barbie doll too. Your hearts are just gorgeous.

Ariadne said...

Great to see you at the Bithday bloh hop of Jo's. And thanks for the comment on my blog! Lovely work you've got there! AriadnefromGreece!

FlashinScissors said...

Nice to meet you Beth! I'm pretty sure I would have had a Barbie, but can't really remember.... It's been fun learning more about you and Jo! Love all your stitching, but especially the hearts!
Barbara x

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching and great to find your blog too!

Stitching Noni said...

Great post! I didn't have a Barbie doll.. for some reason I never really liked them! My baby sister who was born in 1972 was mad for Barbie though!
Hugs xx

Melinda Forbes said...

Charlie Brown is the best name for a dog!!! Love your hearts they are so pretty.

Katie said...

I'm hopping along on the blog hop. What a fun post. Thanks for sharing. Love your stitched pieces. The dragon is my favorite of course since I LOVE dragons.

Elfie said...

I am slowly hopping through the birthday blog posts. I enjoyed reading your post, and seeing your lovely work. This is such a nice thing to be involved in.