Monday, July 5, 2021

Answer to the Eyelet Question

 I think it is hard to understand the eyelet stitch unless you have images. So let us give this a go!

 I started the E with a waste knot:

 I did three legs of the first eyelet and then moved to the next eyelet. I did three legs on it and moved to the next eyelet where I did four legs before moving on:

 Doing eyelets this way keeps the tension correct on the  thread and opens the holes in the center. It also keeps the thread from dragging behind and blocking the hole. And it keeps you from having to weave under the back of your eyelets!

 As you can see, I went out and then back. It really helps when stitching these things. If that is as clear as mud, comment again and I will try to make a video. (My college students are home and can help with the technical bit!)





2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't often stitch this many eyelets, but I'll try to keep your explanations in mind the next time I do!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

The explanation makes sense. The pictures really helped. Thanks for the explanation. -Andrea