Monday, July 15, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness July

Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL where we post pictures of stitching things that were gifted to us or are gifts for others.
This piece is one I started last month but haven't taken the time to post. It will be a gift for my husband's aunt. She is a Quaker and I had the plan to make her The Quaker Ball by Denise Harrington Pratt.
 A friend has stitched the smallest one and I really want to try it.
BUT....this aunt is getting older and I am a slow stitcher. So I decided to grab a piece of fabric and the pattern and make something else.
The plan is to put the finished stitching on a box. Hopefully I can spend a bit of time on it soon. It is a lot of fun. The thread is a Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe thread called Continental Blue.

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching, that is a lovely shade of blue

Leonore Winterer said...

I love those balls, but your single motifs will look gorgeous as well :)

Linda said...

Love your new start Beth.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Quaker design will look lovely in a box. Maybe you can stitch the ball for yourself afterwards?

jocondine said...

The Quaker balls look amazing, hope we'll see your progress on it soon after you finish your aunt gift. xxx

Astrids dragon said...

That's a lot of stitching, they look so cool!
The colour is lovely and it will look great on a box.