Sunday, February 24, 2019

WIPocalypse Post for February

Well, you would think I would have more to show for all the stitching time I had this month....
I also wanted to let you know that my list of things to stitch this year is up to
31!!!! How did that happen?
Anyway, here are photos of my progress. Things that I finished last month, I'm not including, but things I finished this month are here. More so I can see my progress than anything else.
1. First Christmas Stocking:
I am making progress. I hope to spend some serious time on this piece over the next few days.
3.MH 1656
I spent most of the month stitching on this piece. March 1 is coming fast and I will need to start on the next row.
8. Reptiles by HAED
1200 stitches! I am trying to take a stitch or two a day on it so I can make real progress on this piece.
10. FFO stack (And 28 and 29 on my WIP List)


The heart and Santa were in my stack of stuff to finish while the Valentine pillows were quickly stitched and finished this month.
12. Warm and Wise by Mill Hill
I have made a mistake on this piece and I thought I could fudge it. No such luck. So I am thinking what to do. I need to look in my stash and see if I have more perforated paper. If so, I can salvage this piece. Will let you know next month, hopefully.
14.Maps-Catherine Jordan
I have traced my lines and now need to start stitching. This is a class I am taking with    Cyberstitchers , an online EGA group.
16. Pumpkin Canvas
Stitched! Now I add it to the FFO pile!
30. Here Lie My Needles
A friend asked me what I do with things I finish. I was working on this piece when she asked...Great question. Most sit in a pile waiting to be finished into something.....And I have a lot of things in various stages of completion. Sigh.
31. Imperial Diamonds Heart by Gay Ann Rogers
I decided to start on this for several reasons.
1. It is February and I like doing hearts in February.
2.I have no canvas pieces that are calling my name-they are all too complicated or big to pull out.
3. This is small.
4. Gay Ann Rogers was posting her hearts on her Facebook page.

So now I have 31 projects on my list. I did finish 4 so my WIP pile is technically down to 27 but I also removed one from the list so I guess I am really at 26. If I can get a bunch of things finally finished (number 10), I would feel a ton better.
Let the insanity continue! Happy stitching everyone!
Now I forgot to answer the question: What do you listen to while stitching?
I often listen to Flosstube. It is always interesting although I do have a few favorites.....
Audio books. I am re-listening to the Mitford Series but I also like listening to the history courses from the Greatest Courses.
TV or movie. Just whatever my husband is watching.






8 comments:

Linda said...

Great finishes and progress Beth. I wish I had only 31 projects.

Linda

jocondine said...

What an impressive post, so much done! Bravo ! xxx

Renee said...

Wow! You have made so much progress this month. Your list is shrinking and every stitch is closer to another finish. :) Happy stitching!

OhSewCrafty said...

Great finishes and what a lovely assortment of projects you have. Love the pumpkin canvas

Astrids dragon said...

You're off to a great start for your 31, I love that pumpkin!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work. It's only February, plenty of time to see more finishes!
I do love your Gay Ann Heart and the gorgeous bright pumpkin.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

So much gorgeous stuff here, Beth. The red-and-white heart that you finished is just splendiferous!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching this month, I love the pumpkin! What's run with the mug one? I hope you can fix it, I'd hate to see that one go.