Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Wabi-sabi Notebooks

 I keep a daily journal. No great thoughts or great art. Just a place to spill what is running around in my small mind. I use composition books or spiral bound notebooks like this one:
 

I try to make them look pretty as it adds to the appeal for me.
Earlier this year I found my Ukrainian Nyzynka piece designed by Phyllis Maurer. I checked and it has been stitched since July 2013! That is too long in a state of unfinishedness....So I made it into a journal cover:
I think it came out fairly nice.
It seems I am in a constant state of trying to clean my art room. Sigh.While attempting to clean, I came across some quilt squares made by my grandmother. One seemed to be the right size for a journal cover so I tried it:

 Not the best, but it will work. Also, it reminds me of my abuelita and all the times I visited her.
This is the fabric I used for the back:
Now to get ready for college students and Thanksgiving! It isn't at my house, thank goodness, but I do need to prepare some things.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful covers Beth. How awesome to have the one your grandmother made.

Linda

Didi-beadwork said...

love your journal covers. i need to make more for some of my stitch books

Leonore Winterer said...

Journal Covers are a great idea for a pretty and useful finish :)