Saturday, December 16, 2017

To the Roof Line!

First, thank you for your kind words. Once I FIND the Christmas Tree Santa, I will ttry to get him finished to show you.

I made a mistake on the roof of the stable of my stocking and thought about leaving it, but realized it would be hard to work around so Thursday evening was spent removing stitching. Here is what it looked like before I removed it:
 I normally work around my mistakes, but I knew this one would be a headache quickly.
I was able to do a lot of stitching Friday and Saturday night. One side of the sky done! Well, except for some stars.
I am thinking about doing a rotation of projects this year. I have a few big projects that I need to power through. What are you doing for  2018?

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry about the frog visit Beth but it looks good now. I wish I could figure out what I wanted to do next year. Still thinking on it.

Linda

Renee said...

Beautiful progress! I am so sorry the frog visited you. It's always soooo frustrating.

My cross-stitch plans for 2018 are to work on QS Red Hearts the 3rd full weekend of the month (as I am participating in International Hermit and Stitch Weekend), to work on Fractal White Tiger the week following IHSW, and to work on Twilight Duel the remainder of the month. (If I finish about 1200 stitches a month on QS Red Hearts, I can finish her before 2019 and I would be down to only two big WIPs.) Of course, I need to find some crazy quilting time throughout the month, too!

I look forward to seeing your work through the new year!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry about the frog! It wasn't too much to unpick though and it will be worth it in the long run.
I was looking at my 18 in '18 list this afternoon and trying to decide what will be going on it. I currently have 26 WIPs and 7 new starts for next year so it needs some whittling down!

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely progress. Sometimes working around a mistake can cost you more time than redoing it correctly, I think that has to be decided on a case to case basis!
I have a list of 18 projects I want to finish/make significant progress on next year. Let's see how much of that I can get done!