Friday, August 28, 2009

Green

Sorry these pictures are so dark. We have been stuck in a rainy pattern here in Illinois and I decided to take a picture inside. My local EGA meets once a month on Saturday to stitch a small project. The idea is to learn a new technique or try a new thread or fabric. This month we worked on Fanciful Fob by Roz Watnemo of Nordic Needle fame. It is a nice little piece but I had a horrible time working on black! I need to get my eyes checked again.
The kit included instructions, fabric, thread, beads, metal box and scissors. Quite a steal! Now if I can just see well enough to stitch the thing!
Gay Ann Rogers had a month long creativity challenge and one day the topic turned to shades of green. I never got to comment on that, but this piece has lovely greens in it!
Jane of Chilly Hallow had a post about keeping a tally on using up thread stash. My stash is no where near that of some of my friends, but I think I will try to keep count of the threads I use out of my stash. Especially if I use it up!

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Good luck tracking the threads you use out of your stash. I hope to accummulate 500 points so I can go shopping!