Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home from Vacation


I haven't been able to write for a bit because I went to visit my mom. The only real stitching I did was pull apart a bead project that I did not like. Hopefully I will be able to post more on that later. When I returned home, I was faced with a mountain of laundry so couldn't stitch for a while. But I finally sat down and managed to do a little more on my Mystery.


I decided the piece looked too boring, so I ripped the watercolors out and used a more variegated piece. I also added the green metallic to the center and green floss (DMC 911) to the one corner doing basketweave. I still need to add the Impressions over the top of the center square once I finish the rest of the center. I am way behind everyone in Gay Ann's classroom, but I am learning so much as I stitch.

It is interesting how choosing a certain piece of the variegated watercolours changes the whole piece. By adding the green floss, I have pulled in a little more of the green in the watercolours. It is fun to watch the piece develop.

No comments: