Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Finish-Kind Of

 I have finished the first project for the 17th Century Whitework Sampler class by Thistle Threads



I changed the colors to a purple family and when I worked on the last row with all the cutting, I accidentally cut my base threads. This made me want to toss the whole thing and throw it across the room! Luckily, I'm stitching this with a group of friends and one suggested I just redo that row on the top of the sampler. So I did. I won't be framing this or doing a hemstitch as it was truly a learning piece. 

But I will give her a bath!!!

My plan is to start the next sampler in April. It is a bit more complicated. And I plan to change colors.


3 comments:

Mylene said...

That's a beautiful finish. Those lace triangles are so delicate.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think your friend had an excellent idea! I love the purples you chose for this piece and the whitework is gorgeous too.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's why I'm so scared of doing cut work - if an expert like you can screw up, imagine what I might do!