Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Cone Santa

I have been busy working on my Janet Zickler Casey Santa. The Shining Needle Society is offering him through their online groups. I love these designs! It is fun to play with the different fibers and "see" how they look. The hat is Very Petite Velvet and Krenik braid. The hat brim is very sparkly because it called for Arctic Rays. I really like the nose as it has 3 layers of satin stitches. I hope to get his mustache in today.

Next week the group is starting Candy Cane Santa. Sam wants to do him so I may have to wait as I only have 1 set of 12 inch stretcher bars...Yes, I could buy another set, but I would rather wait and spend my money on fibers or kits. I am sure I can find something else to occupy me from my stash.

I am debating on finishing this guy myself. He has so many curves that I worry about being able to do it...I will put in some tent stitches this time...I do not want it to unravel!

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

That is a great looking Santa. Love his hat and beard :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Cyn said...

Hi Beth,

Can we see a finished picture? :-)

I won't be finishing mine Santa myself. I'll be sending him out to a professional finisher as I know what I'm good at and when I should let the finishers work their magic. LOL!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow